Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Yeah I know probably I have overlooked this feature (I mean, I should have know this long ago :P), but this is something really handy:
There are a few things you can learn here:
1. A yield can be conditional by nil- if you yield something first or yield the other one, that would give you a chance to select which to be yielded with the first one as priority.
2. So by capturing everything in the layout and then call a render function, you can nest the layout.
3. Seems this also give me the answer to find out if a content_for is defined or no, by simply checking the yield function result nil would let me know if its defined, and I think as long as its not <%= that wouldn't trigger an output as well. Sweet.
Saturday, November 07, 2009
So every time when a customer ask you to get an ISO country list setup on your project, you start to pull your hair and dig the source. Usually you would end up finding some kind of source, but then spend a few hours to do data nursing. This is what I have did, and to avoid you do it again, here is my output:
If there is smarter way please let me know :) Otherwise hope you found this link useful.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
I might be too slow for this, but reCAPTCHA actually helps to recognize old text book (i.e. Human OCR)??? That's amazing.
Now this is a very good reason for you to use it everywhere.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
It's been long overdue, but finally we have launched our new website.
With no surprise, it is powered by our own developed Content Management System, named Prism. It's somewhat based on some concepts of Radiant, but as we found Radiant is so incomplete, we have developed our own with the mighty Ruby on Rails.
If you have interest to find out more about the product, feel free to contact us via the information on the website or even just shoot a comment here.
Finally finished busying with the office relocation and renovation, today spent sometime to read linode's blog. I realize they have just released two very exciting features:
1. One-click resizing of linode: Just select your new plan and click submit, 8 minutes later you got your new resized linode!
2. libcloud support: Now you can utilize libcloud library to talk to linode's node management service.
I guess most of the more traditional VPS service provider are going towards more support for various management APIs to make it more competitive comparing to the cloud hype rider like Amazon. This is a very cool thing as that also means sooner or later you could have most of your VPS hosting service works pretty much like the way you program it to run as a cloud service backend.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
The worst way to market your company is really to hear what people say about you, and then still enforce what you believe is correct: